Patient safety in the ICU
Citation Information :
Patient safety in the ICU. Indian J Respir Care 2017; 6 (1):749-751.
- Rothschild JM, Landrigan CP, Cronin JW, et al. The Critical Care Safety Study: The incidence and nature of adverse events and serious medical errors in intensive care. Crit Care Med 2005;33:1694-700.
- Moyen E, Camiré E, Stelfox HT. Clinical review: Medication errors in critical care. Crit Care 2008; 12 (2)
- Ravi PR, Vijai MN. Errors in ICU: How safe is the patient? A prospective observational study in a tertiary care hospital. J Anesth Clin Res 2015; 6: 535.
- Balas MC, Vasilevskis EE, Burke WJ. Critical care nurses’ role in implementing the “ABCDE Bundle” into practice. Crit Care Nurse. 2012; 32(2): 35–48.
- Baker GR, Norton PG, Flintoft V, Blais R, Brown A, Cox J, et al. The Canadian adverse events study: The incidence of adverse events among hospital patients in Canada. Can Med Assoc J 2004;170:1678–86.
- Carayon P, Wood KE. Patient Safety: The role of human factors and systems engineering. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2010; 153: 23–46.
- Mitchel WL. Malpractice in the intensive care unit. S Afr J Crit Care 2011;27: 1